SALARY: £32,000 – £35,000 basic salary depending on experience and qualifications plus overtime and callout rates
We are looking to recruit an experienced and well-rounded knowledgeable Fire Alarm Engineer which will be essential to be a successful candidate for this position. You must be confident in your work, reliable, conscientious, hardworking and must have a positive “can do” approach.
Preferably, candidates should hold FIA qualifications or equivalent and have a good understanding of current British Standards.
The Fire Alarm Engineer Job involves:
- Routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs, and installation of Fire Alarms and Emergency Lighting in accordance with the relevant standards
- Ensure that the work schedule that has been planned and organised is carried out in an efficient and organised way, whilst delivering a high level of quality customer service.
- Complete all relevant documentation in an accurate and timely manner to the required standards including job sheets, service defect & recommendation reports, and timesheets
- Out of hours call out rota as required (approx. once every 5 weeks), to maintain a reliable and responsive 24-hour service for customers.
- Share technical knowledge and problem-solving skills with colleagues and maintain good relationships within the team.
- Knowledge of various Fire Alarm systems such as Advanced, Kentec, Morley, Haes, C-TEC etc.
- FIA Fire Alarm accreditation’s highly advantageous
- An electrical qualification would be an advantage
- Alarms/Maintenance/Fault Finding/Installation, or equivalent qualification desirable
- In-depth knowledge of numerous Fire Alarm addressable and related systems
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Experience with installing fire alarm systems
- Full clean driving licence
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- IT Skills and software knowledge
- Compliance with industry standards
- Accurate and detailed report writing skills
- Excellent customer service
You Can Look Forward To:
- £32,000.00 – £35,000.00 – basic salary depending on experience and qualifications plus overtime and callout rates
- A friendly, modern working environment
- On-going training and support
- A company vehicle including a fuel card
- PPE and Tools provided
- Mobile Phone
- Laptop & Tablet
- Pension Scheme
1ST Class Fire Protection are a BAFE accredited company that specialise in providing professional fire alarm design, installation, maintenance for premises throughout the UK.
We strive for success in Fire Protection and We believe in long term relationships and are proud of the customers who have placed their business with us.
We are a company which has grown through working closely with industrial and commercial premises with more than 2000 customers of differing sizes.